• SDK • Reflection
How to Skill Up Fast
Programming is one of the most sought-after and rewarding skills in today's world. Whether you want to build your own website, app, game, or software, programming can help you turn your ideas into reality. But how can you learn new skills on programming fast and effectively? In this blog post, I will share some tips and tricks that can help you master any programming language or framework in no time.
Choose a Programming Language or Framework That Suits Your Goals and Interests
The first step to learn new skills on programming fast is to choose a programming language or framework that suits your goals and interests. There are hundreds of programming languages and frameworks out there, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Some are more popular, versatile, or easy to learn than others. Some are more suitable for web development, mobile development, data science, game development, or other domains.
To choose the right programming language or framework for you, you need to consider the following factors:
What are your goals and interests? What kind of projects do you want to work on? What kind of problems do you want to solve?
What are the requirements and expectations of your target industry or employer? What are the most in-demand or relevant skills in your field?
What are the resources and support available for learning and practicing? How easy is it to find tutorials, courses, books, documentation, forums, communities, mentors, or peers for your chosen language or framework?
How much time and effort are you willing to invest in learning and mastering? How fast do you want to see results?
Find the Best Resources and Platforms to Learn From
The next step to learn new skills on programming fast is to find the best resources and platforms to learn from. There are many online and offline resources and platforms that can help you learn programming easily, quickly, and effectively. But be aware of "tutorial rot" and remember to take a break. Short is sweet.
Some of them are, but are not limited to:
Online courses: Online courses are one of the most convenient and comprehensive ways to learn programming. They usually provide video lectures, quizzes
Plurasight.com (my personal favorite)
www.w3schools.com (the best resource for multiple programming languages and syntax)
Sources as of: 5/2/2023
(1) Learn How to Code | Codecademy. https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-how-to-code.
(2) 7 Tips and Tricks to Learn Programming Faster - GeeksforGeeks. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/7-tips-and-tricks-to-learn-programming-faster/.
(3) 10 Tips to Learn Programming Fast (quickly & easily!). https://dev.to/codewithshahan/10-critical-tips-to-learn-programming-language-fast-quickly-easily-ej3.
(4) How to Learn Programming? - GeeksforGeeks. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/how-to-learn-programming/.
(5) 14 Tips to Learn Programming Faster in 2022 - Medium. https://medium.com/geekculture/14-tips-to-learn-programming-faster-in-2022-2bba3ef845b0.